About File Renamer
File Renamer is an all-in-one power-packed utility to rename the files and folders speedily and efficiently without any errors as it has an in-built preview panel to visualize the after-effects of renamed files before you rename them.
You can undo your renaming operations using log of renamed file names. It is that easy to undo your past renaming operations.
It has 50+ different combination of renaming you can use to rename files and Folder.
Either you are music geek , system administrator, programmer, photographer, digital camera user, artist, graphic designer, lawyer, accountant, mp3 collector, librarian, book-store owner, etc., whatever is your profession, File Renamer will also help you to organize your files in more efficient and orderly manner.
What’s new in File Renamer 4.1 and 4.2?
- Add File Type Column
- Recent Folder to add files easily
- No need to preview for files if live preview is on and new name is generated
- Mountain lion compatibility
- Performance improvements
- User interface improvements
- Non-critical bug fixing
What’s new in File Renamer 4?
- Live Preview of new file names.
- Load and Edit saved Rule.
- Several non-critical bug fixing.
What’s new in File Renamer 3?
- New and improved rule management.
- User can add new file type to read ID3, EXIF and IPTC Meta data and rename files using it.
- User can add files/folders from finder.
- Added File icons and preview.
- Sub-folder renaming.
- Reset number sequence in sub-folder renaming.
- Auto profile saving.
- Finder integration for rules and profiles.
- Finder integration to open files and folders.
- User interface improvements and bug fixing.
- A simple flexible and yet powerful interface to rename files.
- Renaming of Digital photos using its EXIF and IPTC Meta data.
- File Renamer can recursively process sub folders.
- Powerful real-time preview to avoid errors. Renaming Errors in Preview only.
- Log files for renamed files. Automatic saving of log files as an option.
- Undo all past renaming operations using saved log file.
- Renaming using Folder path component.
- Renaming or removing file extensions in just one click.
- Directly add files from Finder. Drag and Drop support.
- Insert file's Created, Modified and custom date & time.
- Rename files in Upper case, Lower case and Proper Case.
- Reverse File name.
- Swap file name from character position or separator.
- Insert and delete characters from any position in file names.
- Numerical and alphabetic sequence renaming.
- Change file name case to lower case, UPPER CASE and Proper Case.
- Rename MP3 Files using ID3 tag information.
- Save more than one rules in a rule file and apply on File names.
- You can save all your options in profiles and load those profiles.
- You can export loaded file list in tab delimited text files.
- You can rename files using external file list of current and new file name.